(Recipe per glass)
1 sugar cube
2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
1 oz brandy
Cava or any dry bubbly to fill glass
1 Skewer of 3 husked and grilled Ground cherries (Physalis peruvians, also known as Cape gooseberries)
A Maraschino cherry and fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat your barbecue to 300º C (575º F).
- Remove the husks from the physalis, wash and dry.
- Thread three onto each skewer, however many you are making, and grill until the skins begin to pop.
- Place a sugar cube in a champagne flute and douse with a few splashes of Angostura bitters.
- Add one ounce of brandy and top up with bubbly.
- Serve with a maraschino cherry and small sprig of mint.
Posted on December 20, 2013 by Matthew C. exclusively for BBQXLTags: New Year