Grilled Vegetables With a Light Italian Flat-Leaf Parsley Dressing
1.5 kg of vegetables of your choice for grilling. Pick vegetables that will stand up to being grilled, such as carrots, asparagus, zucchini, eggplant (aubergine), fennel, capsicums, etc..
6 tbsp. Very finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parley
3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for grilling
1.5 tbsp. Red wine vinegar
Sea salt or Murray river salt, to taste and for seasoning before grilling
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Cut the vegetables into reasonably sized pieced suitable for grilling. Asparagus for example should remain whole whereas capsicums should be cut into lengths and left about 4 cm wide.
- Toss with olive oil to coat and season with salt.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the finely chopped parsley, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables over medium high heat, about 190 degrees until tender, about 10 minutes on all sides. (Monitor as different vegetables cook at different speeds.)
- Remove from the grill and drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve either warm or at room temperature.
Tip: As the vegetables cool they will release oils and liquid that will amplify the flavour of your dressing.
Tip: Add a clove of pressed garlic to the dressing for an extra zing!