Daejibulgogi – 돼지불고기
1 kg Pork tenderloin for a lean option or pork belly
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp Korean rice wine or Sake
1/2 cup onion
10 cloves of garlic
2 tsp ginger
2 tbsp gochujang, Korean red chili pepper paste (or substitute with your favourite hot pepper paste)
2 chopped green onion
2 tbsp brown sugar (or 2 tbsp rice syrup)
a pinch of ground black pepper
1 small carrot finely sliced
- Place the soya sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, onion, garlic, ginger, pear, pepper, gochujang and sugar/syrup in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Slice the pork thinly, about 4-5mm. A good tip for doing this is to partially freeze the meat before trying to slice it. Place in a bowl.
- Slice the carrot into matchsticks using a mandolin if you have one. Slice one green onion into small pieces diagonally.
- Add the carrot and green onion to the pork and pour over the entire contents of the mariade over top.
- Grill over high heat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onion when ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh lettuce leaves and “Ssamjang” or served with white steamed rice.