1 425gr Can of black beans
1/2 of a large onion
3 garlic cloves
1/2 of a green or red capsicum
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
2 -3 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
1 tbsp tex-mex style chili powder for making American chili
1 tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1-2 tsp Sriracha hot sauce or a similar hot sauce to taste
1 large egg (to bind)
- Begin by straining and washing the black beans and set aside in a large bowl.
- Chop the garlic, onion and capsicum roughly and then chop very finely with the help of a food processor.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the beans and with the use of the back of a fork, mash the beans with the chopped vegetables until a relatively smooth paste is formed.
- Add in the chill, cumin, ground and fresh coriander, turmeric, egg and hot sauce. Blend very well with a spoon.
- Slowly add in the bread crumbs until a thick paste is created that can be formed into patties. More or less bread crumbs may be needed.
- Top with your favourite cheese, vegetables and fresh coriander.
- Follow the COOKING DIRECTIONS HERE on the blog.