Place the transmitter near the oven or grill. Insert the tip of the food probe into the center of the food being cooked and run the probe’s lead wire out through the door connecting to the transmitter. The wire is a flexible metal sheath and is rated for over 500°F (260C) and isn’t hurt by closing the door. The transmitter then reads the internal food temperature and sends a signal to the receiver up to 100 ft. (30m) away.
The receiver picks up the signal, and displays: the actual internal food temperature, the “set” or target desired temperature and the type of meat. Each meat type has default taste “doneness” choices for each type of taste (rare, medium, etc.) but you can override any preset temperature and choose your own.
- Transmitter displays actual internal food temperature
- Meats (choose from six: beef, turkey, pork, veal, lamb, or chicken)
- Choice of °F or °C readings
- Elapsed cooking timer
- Probe: stainless steel with flexible braid stainless steel sheathed connecting wire
- Transmitter sends wirelessly up to 30m away