For the fish:
Ingredients per fish:
1 Sea bream or snapper (between 20-22 cm from mouth to tail)
1 Round of lemon, sliced in half
1 Round of onion, sliced in half
5 Fresh bay leaves (use dried if fresh aren’t available)
3 Sprigs (with stems) of flat-leaf parsley
4 Smoked bacon rashers
Salt and pepper, as a rub (use 1 tbsp finely ground black pepper to 1 tsp sea salt)
Extra virgin olive oil for the grill
Kitchen twine or cotton string for binding
- Rub the salt and pepper mix all over the fish and into the cavity.
- Stuff the parsley and bay leaves snuggly into the cavity.
- Top off the parsley and bay leaves with the lemon and onion.
- Starting at the head, begin to wrap the bacon around the fish continuing with all remaining rashers until all the bacon is wrapped around the fish.
- Tie the string around the bacon wrapped fish until the bacon is secure and the stuffing can’t escape.
- Oil the grill well with extra virgin olive oil.
- Grill over medium-high direct heat for about 6-7 minutes on either side. Avoid excessive flareups.
For the grilled artichoke hearts:
Ingredients (make roughly 4 skewers):
350 g jarred whole artichoke hearts
1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, packed
1 large Clove of garlic, crushed
1 tsp Sea salt
- Using two skewers, spaced at about 1 cm from each other, thread three artichoke hearts onto them leaving about 2 cm between each artichoke (refer to the image).
- Mix the olive oil, parsley, garlic and salt together.
- Grill them over medium-high heat and baste with the olive oil mixture until charred and heated through.